    solution should be acceptable for me?

    Regards,

    , Oct 27, 2006

  2. You first have to question whether turning down their request would be an
    option, or if they are prepared to host it on a machine you are responsible
    for and can access and manage remotely, removing any potential access from
    competitors. What can you do via agreement that the app wont be accessible
    to other consultants, and how would you/they enforoce that to assure you?

    If you are up against a wall then you should probably start by looking at
    how you compile your application into a single assembly, so even if it was
    stolen there would be a fair bit of work to try and get access to any code.
    West Wind have written a nippy little front end to the asp.net compiler to
    make the job easier.
    http://www.west-wind.com/tools/aspnetcompiler.asp. Also, consider
    watermarking your code, so a hidden method can be called to show that its
    your code if you think its been deployed elsewhere.

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)
    VISIT MY WEBSITE:
    http://www.johntimney.com