How to prove that the Response is buffered in ASP.Net 2.0?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by TheOpsMgr, Dec 8, 2008.

  1. TheOpsMgr

    TheOpsMgr Guest

    Hi,

    Does anyone know of a way to validate at the HTTP Response level if the
    output from a an ASP.Net application is being buffered or not?

    Response.bufferoutput should only send back the first byte of the response
    once the entire ASPX page has completed processing - hence the "time to first
    byte" is an accurate measure of the application response time.

    If the page ISN'T being buffered then it isn't.

    What I would like to know is if there is any way work out from the HTTP
    Headers returned whether or not the application was buffered or not buffered.

    Any ideas?

    cheers,
    Steve
    TheOpsMgr, Dec 8, 2008

  2. TheOpsMgr

    bruce barker Guest

    not really. even if buffered is on, any call to flush will cause output.
    headers are the first to be written, (and the write flag is not exposed), so
    if your server code can add/change a header then no flush has been done at
    that point.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Dec 8, 2008