How to Publish a Project to Production Server

A P

Hi!

I have installed VB.Net 2003 on my computer and develop a simple web
application. I want to publish the project that I made to our production
server. How can I publish a web application?

regards,

Me

Cor Ligthert

AP,

In my opinion is the most easy one is in your IDE the Project -> Copy
Project and than set the options in the dialogbox.

I hope this helps,

Cor

Cor Ligthert

AP,

When you have your Webapplication selected in your ide than
Project -> Copy Project

Cor

A P

Hi Cor,
I've tried to follow your instruction but I receive error message:

An error occured while copying the project
'http://localhost/<projectname>/projectname.vbproj'. THe Web server reported
the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project
located at the following URL:
'http://<remotehost>:8002/<projectname>/'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server
Error'.

What do I need to do?

Me.

A P

I have tried copying the project to a remove server that has VS.NET and it
worked! I have tried also to copy the project to a server that doesn't have
VS.NET and it prompt witht the same error. I don't know if I'm correct, do I
need to have VS.NET to the remote server before I can copy the project?

Me