How to publish web application locating the app files on shared fo

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by elkin, Dec 4, 2006.

  1. elkin

    elkin Guest

    Hi,
    I am trying to publish this ASP.NET 2.0 application on IIS 6.0, on a 2003
    server. When I publish it on a local drive, it is OK. When I publish it on a
    file share on file server in the same domain, and try to run it, it throws
    this exception:

    //--------Begin

    Security Exception
    by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
    please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
    level in the configuration file.

    Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the
    permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System,
    Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [SecurityException: Request for the permission of type
    'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError,
    Boolean ignoreCase) +0
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetType(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase,
    Boolean throwOnError) +270
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessInheritsAttribute(String
    baseTypeName, String codeFileBaseTypeName, String src, Assembly assembly) +163

    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.PostProcessMainDirectiveAttributes(IDictionary
    parseData) +192
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
    Version:2.0.50727.210

    //--------End

    This is what I have tried so far:
    1. Give full permissions on NETWORK account on the share and security of
    that folder
    2. Cange the user that IIS uses to connect to the Network directory to a
    Domain Admin user.
    3. Impersonate the identity of the user that ASPNET uses to run the app in
    the web.config configuration file to a domain admin.
    4.Use the "aspnet_regiis -ga" on a dedicated domain user and make a
    application pool that runs under that user, and give full permissions on the
    share to that user, and use that app pool in my app.
    5. Give <trust level="Full" /> in the web.config

    Obviously I am missing something or i am doing something wrong. Please help.
    elkin, Dec 4, 2006