How to put a embedded video in the background?

Christoph

Hello everybody!

How can I show a video in the background of the homepage?
Like this:
/////////////////
///abcdef///
///abcdef///
////////////////
The slashs are the video and a text shall be in front of it.

My code:
<HTML>
<HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY>
<? Video ?>
<DIV style="z-index:1; position:absolute; top:10px; left:30px;">
<EMBED src="video.mpg" style="width:140px; height:150px;">
</DIV>
<? Text ?>
<DIV style="z-index:2; position:absolute; top:30px; left:10px;
font-size:30px;">
Text that shout be in front of <BR>a running video.
</DIV>
</BODY>
</HTML>

My problem:
When the video is loaded, it jumps automatically in the foreground. But I
like to read the text.

Thanks for any help.
Christoph

Mark Parnell

Hello everybody!
G'day.

How can I show a video in the background of the homepage?
Like this:
/////////////////
///abcdef///
///abcdef///
////////////////
The slashs are the video and a text shall be in front of it.

Put the text into the video itself.

Christoph

Mark Parnell said:
Put the text into the video itself.

I want to change the text dynamicly from time to time using javascript!

I need a solution like the possibility to put flash-files in the background.
Here you can use this tag:
<PARAM name="wmode" value="transparent">
Do this also work with video-objects?

Christoph

Joined
Aug 17, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
tried it

I tried your code and could not get the text to function ... however, I will continue to play with it.

I also found that to use an swf video file was better - you can get "Quick Media Converter" from download.com - the free pack. Eventually, a window will pop up after x-amount of video/media conversions, asking you to consider donating - DO NOT click the accept/decline actions - just click the X to exit that window, if you do not wish to donate, otherwise the prog does not output.

See this code for the transparency of the video background:

<HTML>
<HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor="#000000">
<? Video ?>
<DIV style="z-index:1; position:absolute; top:10px; right:30px;">
<EMBED src="video.swf" style="width:140px; height:150px;" wmode="transparent">
</DIV>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Let me know if you have since come up with the solution for the text overlay.
Kitty

:withstup: haha

Joined
Aug 17, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
hunt was successful

thanks to a saxplayer, we have this now ...

<HTML>
<HEAD>

</HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor="#000000">

<EMBED src="video.swf" style="width:140px; height:150px;" wmode="transparent"></div>

</BODY>
</HTML>

IT WORKS GREAT! ... & I have some sites which need it ... so I am heading to it now ...

HAVE FUN!
Kitty

:ciao: