How to put a embedded video in the background?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Christoph, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Christoph

    Christoph Guest

    Hello everybody!

    How can I show a video in the background of the homepage?
    Like this:
    /////////////////
    ///abcdef///
    ///abcdef///
    ////////////////
    The slashs are the video and a text shall be in front of it.

    My code:
    <HTML>
    <HEAD></HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <? Video ?>
    <DIV style="z-index:1; position:absolute; top:10px; left:30px;">
    <EMBED src="video.mpg" style="width:140px; height:150px;">
    </DIV>
    <? Text ?>
    <DIV style="z-index:2; position:absolute; top:30px; left:10px;
    font-size:30px;">
    Text that shout be in front of <BR>a running video.
    </DIV>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

    My problem:
    When the video is loaded, it jumps automatically in the foreground. But I
    like to read the text.

    Thanks for any help.
    Christoph
    Christoph, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Christoph

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:28:57 +0100, "Christoph"
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > Hello everybody!

    G'day.

    > How can I show a video in the background of the homepage?
    > Like this:
    > /////////////////
    > ///abcdef///
    > ///abcdef///
    > ////////////////
    > The slashs are the video and a text shall be in front of it.

    Put the text into the video itself.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Christoph

    Christoph Guest

    "Mark Parnell" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:28:57 +0100, "Christoph"
    > <> declared in alt.html:
    >
    > > Hello everybody!

    > G'day.
    >

    > > How can I show a video in the background of the homepage?
    > > Like this:
    > > /////////////////
    > > ///abcdef///
    > > ///abcdef///
    > > ////////////////
    > > The slashs are the video and a text shall be in front of it.
    > >

    > Put the text into the video itself.
    >
    > --
    > Mark Parnell
    > http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    I want to change the text dynamicly from time to time using javascript!

    I need a solution like the possibility to put flash-files in the background.
    Here you can use this tag:
    <PARAM name="wmode" value="transparent">
    Do this also work with video-objects?

    Christoph
    Christoph, Jan 27, 2004
  4. Christoph

    webmaster-macleod

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    Berlin
    tried it

    I tried your code and could not get the text to function ... however, I will continue to play with it.

    I also found that to use an swf video file was better - you can get "Quick Media Converter" from download.com - the free pack. Eventually, a window will pop up after x-amount of video/media conversions, asking you to consider donating - DO NOT click the accept/decline actions - just click the X to exit that window, if you do not wish to donate, otherwise the prog does not output.

    See this code for the transparency of the video background:

    <HTML>
    <HEAD></HEAD>
    <BODY bgcolor="#000000">
    <? Video ?>
    <DIV style="z-index:1; position:absolute; top:10px; right:30px;">
    <EMBED src="video.swf" style="width:140px; height:150px;" wmode="transparent">
    </DIV>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

    Let me know if you have since come up with the solution for the text overlay.
    Kitty

    :withstup: haha
    webmaster-macleod, Aug 17, 2010
  5. Christoph

    webmaster-macleod

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    Berlin
    hunt was successful

    thanks to a saxplayer, we have this now ...

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>

    </HEAD>
    <BODY bgcolor="#000000">

    <EMBED src="video.swf" style="width:140px; height:150px;" wmode="transparent"></div>

    </BODY>
    </HTML>

    IT WORKS GREAT! ... & I have some sites which need it ... so I am heading to it now ...

    HAVE FUN!
    Kitty

    :ciao:
    webmaster-macleod, Aug 17, 2010