How to put Javascript in a page using masterpage

rockdale

Hi,

I have a page which use a masterpage.
And I put a javascript in this page like below:

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/SITE.master"
CodeFile="TEST.aspx.cs" Inherits="TEST_aspx" Title="TEST Javascript" %>
DOING SOMETHING WITH OBJECTS THAT EXIST ONLY IN TEST PAGE
BUT NOT IN MASTER PAGE

}
</script>
<asp:content contentplaceholderid="PageContent" runat="Server">

But I hit the error, Error:
Validation (XHTML 1.0 Transitional): Content is not supported outside
'script' or 'asp:content' regions.

It will cause error "Object not found" as these objects do not exist in
master page if I put this javascript into my masterpage.

How to solve this problem?

Thanks
-Rockdale

I tried to put this javascript

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

following the directions in the error, and place the script inside the
<asp:content> tag. because you are using content area and a master page, the
id will be prefixed with the master and content area names. you should use
ClientId to get the actual rendered names.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)