How to put spacer column between 2 columns in datalist

moondaddy

using vb.net I have a datalist where the Repeat layout has:
Columns 2
Direction Horizontal
Layout Table

I want to put a spacer column inbetween the 2 columns for better control of
the distance between these 2 columns. Is this possible? And by the way, I
find it a little difficult to control the spacing and alignment of template
items (cells). For examle the right cell/column is a little lower than the
left one.

moondaddy

Thanks!

--
(e-mail address removed)
Bill Borg said:
Not sure if this is the *best* way to do this, but presuming this is your
same example with name/address, etc., I'd wrap that whole block within a
table, and use cellpadding/cellspacing to create the extra space, and that
will probably clean up your other alignment issue. For your own sanity
someday, you might also consider creating a user control for that block, to
clean up the syntax in the template and make it easier to modify later.