how to quote cookie values

Andy Fish

hello,

I'm looking for a way to round-trip a cookie value which contains semicolons
in asp.net 2.0

I see in http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2068.html that "a string of text is
parsed as a single word if it is quoted using double-quote marks"

but whether I add my own quotes or not when specifying the value, the parts
of the cookie value after the first semicolon get lost when the cookie is
round-tripped to the browser.

can anyone explain what is going on and how I should fix this

TIA

Andy