How to read a ISO-9660 file stored in H.D. through C

paras sharma

Hi;
I want to access the data inside a ISO-9660 file (which is saved
in hard disk) through C. I am to make a program to read it.

Walter Roberson

paras sharma said:
I want to access the data inside a ISO-9660 file (which is saved
in hard disk) through C. I am to make a program to read it.

You did not actually ask a question.

An ISO-9660 file would be just a binary data file. You should be
able to fopen() it and fseek() around it at need. The first thing you
will need to do is find a complete reference on what the
internal structure of ISO-9660 files is.

Ian Collins

paras said:
Hi;
I want to access the data inside a ISO-9660 file (which is saved
in hard disk) through C. I am to make a program to read it.
If your file is an image, use an OS specific means to mount it and read
it as a filesystem. Ask now on an OS specific group.

Keith Thompson

Ian Collins said:
If your file is an image, use an OS specific means to mount it and read
it as a filesystem. Ask now on an OS specific group.

That's almost certainly the best approach (i.e., use software that's
already been written to do this).

If you know the definition of the ISO-9660 format in sufficient
detail, you can probably write a portable ISO C program to do the job,
using fopen(), fread(), et al.

To the OP (Original Poster): You said "I am to make a program to read
it". Why? Is this a class assignment? If not, why does it have to
be in C, and why do you have to reinvent it yourself?