    Hi;
    I want to access the data inside a ISO-9660 file (which is saved
    in hard disk) through C. I am to make a program to read it.
    paras sharma, May 10, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    paras sharma <> wrote:

    > I want to access the data inside a ISO-9660 file (which is saved
    >in hard disk) through C. I am to make a program to read it.

    You did not actually ask a question.

    An ISO-9660 file would be just a binary data file. You should be
    able to fopen() it and fseek() around it at need. The first thing you
    will need to do is find a complete reference on what the
    internal structure of ISO-9660 files is.

    Walter Roberson, May 10, 2007

  3. paras sharma

    Ian Collins Guest

    paras sharma wrote:
    > Hi;
    > I want to access the data inside a ISO-9660 file (which is saved
    > in hard disk) through C. I am to make a program to read it.

    If your file is an image, use an OS specific means to mount it and read
    it as a filesystem. Ask now on an OS specific group.

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, May 10, 2007
  4. Ian Collins <> writes:
    > paras sharma wrote:
    >> I want to access the data inside a ISO-9660 file (which is saved
    >> in hard disk) through C. I am to make a program to read it.
    >>

    > If your file is an image, use an OS specific means to mount it and read
    > it as a filesystem. Ask now on an OS specific group.

    That's almost certainly the best approach (i.e., use software that's
    already been written to do this).

    If you know the definition of the ISO-9660 format in sufficient
    detail, you can probably write a portable ISO C program to do the job,
    using fopen(), fread(), et al.

    To the OP (Original Poster): You said "I am to make a program to read
    it". Why? Is this a class assignment? If not, why does it have to
    be in C, and why do you have to reinvent it yourself?

    Keith Thompson, May 11, 2007