    available library to do this ?

    Thanks in advance,

    - Leny
    Leny, Jan 31, 2005

  2. Leny wrote:
    > I need to read a registry in Windows and I wonder if anyone has faced
    > this before.
    >
    > Right now the most simple way as I see it is to write a method in C and
    > invoke it via. JNI.

    That or e.g. use an appropriate JNDI service provider:

    http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/serviceproviders.html

    > Have you faced this before ? Do you know if is there any
    > available library to do this ?

    How did your Google search turn out?

    /Thomas

    --
    The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:
    Thomas Weidenfeller, Jan 31, 2005

  3. Leny

    Real Gagnon Guest

    Real Gagnon, Feb 1, 2005
  4. Leny

    Daniel Guest

    This is a rather new problem for me as well so i don't know if this
    works in your specific situation. but java.util.prefs.*
    Look at the api-spec and look at this link:
    http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-08-2001/jw-0831-preferences.html

    The nice thing with this is that your app remains portable.
    hope it helps

    /daniel

    Daniel, Feb 1, 2005