    starting with HTTPS and get the web page (e.g. https://www.verisign.com)

    Please share your two cents. Thanks.
    , Jun 27, 2007

    On Jun 27, 12:22 pm, ""
    <> wrote:
    > I have successfully retrieved data through SSL channel in my ASP.NET
    > application. I followed the trick Jan provided on his blog:http://weblogs.asp.net/jan/archive/2003/12/04/41154.aspx
    >
    > Now, I am wondering if we could read from a secure socket in classic
    > asp. In other words, in a classic ASP web, how to connect to URI's
    > starting with HTTPS and get the web page (e.g.https://www.verisign.com)
    >
    > Please share your two cents. Thanks.

    Nobody responds, which probably suggests that there is no solution to
    this problem. Right?
    , Jun 27, 2007

  3. Theres always a solution to every problem - you just need to have some
    patience
    http://www.screen-scraper.com/products/urlfetch.php

    also, the webbrowser control can likely be late bound to in asp, it can do
    ssl from what I remember.......and the xmlhttprequest opbject can be late
    bound in asp.

    Of course, the obvious way is to proxy the scrape via an asp.net webservice
    on the same IIS server hosting the asp and bind to that in asp using a soap
    library.

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)
    http://www.johntimney.com
    http://www.johntimney.com/blog

    John Timney \(MVP\), Jun 27, 2007

    On Jun 27, 5:42 pm, "John Timney \(MVP\)"
    <> wrote:
    > Theres always a solution to every problem - you just need to have some
    > patiencehttp://www.screen-scraper.com/products/urlfetch.php
    >
    > also, the webbrowser control can likely be late bound to in asp, it can do
    > ssl from what I remember.......and the xmlhttprequest opbject can be late
    > bound in asp.
    >
    > Of course, the obvious way is to proxy the scrape via an asp.net webservice
    > on the same IIS server hosting the asp and bind to that in asp using a soap
    > library.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > John Timney (MVP)http://www.johntimney.comhttp://www.johntimney.com/blog

    Hi, John,

    Thanks a lot. URLFetch sounds like a good solution, but my boss
    wouldn't wanna pay for it. :) Are you saying that there is a
    webbrowser control in classic ASP? I am sorta suspicious about it.

    Also, I am not sure how to handle this problem through the late-
    binding approach you mentioned.

    >From your hint in your last paragraph, I am thinking about this: Now

    that I have successfully retrieved the data from a remote web server
    through the secure socket (SSL, HTTPS) from an ASPX page, maybe we can
    have the classic ASP page access the retrieved data. The work flow I
    am thinking about looks like this:

    ASP page <----- ASP.NET page <---- HTTPS ------ Remote Web Server

    Does this sound like what you were suggesting?
    , Jun 28, 2007
  5. More likely ......

    ASP page <----- ASP.NET webservice <---- HTTPS ------ Remote Web Server

    John Timney \(MVP\), Jun 29, 2007

    On Jun 29, 7:35 am, "John Timney \(MVP\)"
    <> wrote:
    > More likely ......
    >
    > ASP page <----- ASP.NET webservice <----HTTPS------ Remote Web Server
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > John Timney (MVP)http://www.johntimney.comhttp://www.johntimney.com/blog

    Yes, yes, a web service makes more sense since no user interface is
    needed.
    , Jun 29, 2007