How to read Column0 from DataGrid

brian yeo via .NET 247

I could not get the User ID/Column0 from the datagrid. Asillustrated below, I was able to retrieve the ItemIndex when Iclick the Edit button. What is the best method to get the UserID/Column0 (primary key) from the ItemIndex and pass the User IDto KeyValue? DataKeyField is not used due to date formattingreason.

Please show sample as I am new to this stuff. Help is greatlyappreciated.

** DataGrid **
Column0 Column1
Edit Del John John Sample

** end **

void DataGrid_Edit(object sender, DataGridCommandEventArgs e) {

if (!isEditing) {
DataGrid1.EditItemIndex = e.Item.ItemIndex;
Response.BufferOutput = true;

// working
int keyValue = e.Item.ItemIndex; //eg 3

string strline ="http://localhost/Quote/Employee/AddUser.aspx?id="+keyValue;
Response.Redirect(strline,true);
}
}

void BindGrid() {
SqlConnection dbConnection = newSqlConnection(ConnectionString);
SqlCommand dbCommand = new SqlCommand();

dbCommand.CommandText = SelectCommand;
dbCommand.Connection = dbConnection;

SqlDataReader dr;
dbConnection.Open();
dr = dbCommand.ExecuteReader();

DataTable dt = new DataTable();
dt.Columns.Add("User ID");
dt.Columns.Add("Username");
dt.Columns.Add("Email");
dt.Columns.Add("Create Date");
dt.Columns.Add("Terminate Date");

while (dr.Read())
{
DataRow r;

r = dt.NewRow();

r[0] = dr["Uid"].ToString().Trim();
r[1] = dr["Username"].ToString().Trim();
r[2] = dr["Email"].ToString().Trim();
DateTime dtcdate = Convert.ToDateTime(dr["CreateDate"]);
r[3] = string.Format("{0:d}",dtcdate);

DateTime dttdate =Convert.ToDateTime(dr["TerminateDate"]);
r[4] = string.Format("{0:d}",dttdate);

dt.Rows.Add(r);
}

DataGrid1.DataSource = dt;