How to read file from mapped drive ?

dkultasev

Hello,
I developed the program for multi use. The program reads data from the
text file and puts modified data back to another file. This program
was uploaded to mapped network drive. When I try to run this program
from my computer (doesn't matter if it is on my local drive or on
mapped one) the program runs ok. When somebody else trying to run this
program from mapped drive, then they can not access this file. On
local drives it works ok.
After some googling I found that the reason is that there are some
security restrictions, but I haven't found any workaround or the way
how to fix that problem.
Could anyone help ? I can not change or add any permisions on any
computer, so the only way is to somehow modify the code.

Thanks,
Dmitrij

bruce barker

all .net programs run under a security model based on the "trust" level of
the location the program is run from. by default network shares (mapped
drives) are not trusted (the same as downloaded programs).

the users can elect to trust the mapped drive or the actual program. they
use the caspol.exe utility to do this. as running this tool is beyond most
users, you should supply an install program (non .net based) that runs caspol.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)