How to read/import an excel file programmatically to a db?? help

Guest

Hello,
I never had to do anything with office tools programmatically till now(I
guess there is first time for everything), so this might be a very silly and
simple question for some of you.

Any way, the new system that I am programming will need to be feeded daily
with an excel file. So I need to read a given file and write it to the
database - hopefully they all will follow the same structure.

My issue is I haven't found anything that says how to read an excel file, I
mean a very structured way to read every cell of rows and columns. So far
have seen very through articles here on how to work with excel but nothing
about how to read throughly an excel file.

So a link or a sample code that would show me how to get going on this,
reading all the rows and columns in a excel file, will be a great help.

thanks in advance,
Reza