How to read input from a textfield in a datagrid !?!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Remco Groot Beumer, Nov 6, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    I'm working with a datagrid control in ASP.NET. The datagrid shows a list of
    products. One column shows the productnumber, one column shows the
    productname, one column shows a picture of the product and the last column
    shows an empty textbox with an 'OK' button.

    People can enter a quantity in the empty textbox. After clicking on the 'OK'
    button, the product and quantity should be added to another datagrid. The
    problem is that I don't know how to read the quantity. I now do this as
    follows (cells(5) is the template-column with the textbox, the 'OK' button
    triggers the SelectedIndexChanged event):

    Private Sub grdArtikelen_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object,
    ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles grdArtikelen.SelectedIndexChanged

    Dim txb As TextBox
    =CType(Me.grdProducts.SelectedItem.Cells(5).Controls(1), TextBox)

    Dim dblQuantity As Double

    dblQuantity = CType(txb.Text, Double)

    End Sub

    This code gets the right textbox, but the TEXT property is always empty. How
    can I get the text that has been entered in the textbox?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Greetings,

    Remco

    Remco Groot Beumer, Nov 6, 2003