    to present it in your homepage with javascript

    I appreciate your effort
    Erdal
    Pasha, Jun 6, 2009

  2. Pasha

    VK Guest

    On Jun 6, 10:20 pm, Pasha <> wrote:
    > Hi mates,
    >
    > I am looking for solution if there is anyone knows a way of reading
    > some information from different page mainly some text wrapped in table
    > to present it in your homepage with javascript

    If these are pages from different domains (say example.com and
    example.org) then you cannot do it client-side only with standard
    security settings.

    If these are two pages in the same domain, then it is rather easy to
    do.

    If it's the first situation then your question is answered. If it's
    the second situation then let us know.
    VK, Jun 6, 2009

  3. Pasha

    Pasha Guest

    On 6 Haziran, 23:50, VK <> wrote:
    > On Jun 6, 10:20 pm, Pasha <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi mates,

    > > I am looking for solution if there is anyone knows a way of reading
    > > some information from different page mainly some text wrapped in table
    > > to present it in your homepage with javascript

    > If these are pages from different domains (say example.com and
    > example.org) then you cannot do it client-side only with standard
    > security settings.
    >
    > If these are two pages in the same domain, then it is rather easy to
    > do.
    >
    > If it's the first situation then your question is answered. If it's
    > the second situation then let us know.

    hi mate

    In fact,I'm looking for the both scenario however for the time being,
    I need urgent solution for your first case..

    thank you
    Pasha, Jun 7, 2009
  4. Pasha wrote:
    > On 6 Haziran, 23:50, VK <> wrote:
    >> On Jun 6, 10:20 pm, Pasha <> wrote:
    >>> I am looking for solution if there is anyone knows a way of reading
    >>> some information from different page mainly some text wrapped in table
    >>> to present it in your homepage with javascript

    >> If these are pages from different domains (say example.com and
    >> example.org) then you cannot do it client-side only with standard
    >> security settings.
    >>
    >> If these are two pages in the same domain, then it is rather easy to
    >> do.
    >>
    >> If it's the first situation then your question is answered. If it's
    >> the second situation then let us know.

    > hi mate
    >
    > In fact,I'm looking for the both scenario however for the time being,
    > I need urgent solution for your first case..

    Can't be that urgent if it takes you more than a day to reply ...
    Besides, you have forgotten to pay your support fee.

    <http://jibbering.com/faq/#posting>

    Score adjusted

    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Jun 7, 2009
  5. Pasha

    VK Guest

    On Jun 8, 2:31 am, Pasha <> wrote:
    > On 6 Haziran, 23:50, VK <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Jun 6, 10:20 pm, Pasha <> wrote:

    > > > Hi mates,

    > > > I am looking for solution if there is anyone knows a way of reading
    > > > some information from different page mainly some text wrapped in table
    > > > to present it in your homepage with javascript

    > > If these are pages from different domains (say example.com and
    > > example.org) then you cannot do it client-side only with standard
    > > security settings.

    > > If these are two pages in the same domain, then it is rather easy to
    > > do.

    > > If it's the first situation then your question is answered. If it's
    > > the second situation then let us know.

    > hi mate
    >
    > In fact,I'm looking for the both scenario however for the time being,
    > I need urgent solution for your first case..

    If you can drop security settings low enough on each involved machine,
    then do it.

    If the other side is ready to cooperate thus send info as RSS feed,
    JSON data or JSONet data then ask the server admin on the other side
    to do it.

    If you simply want to get an HTML page from another server and read
    its content then the answer is the same: no matter how badly one needs
    it it is not possible.
    VK, Jun 7, 2009
  6. Pasha

    ace Guest

    Pasha wrote:
    >> If these are two pages in the same domain, then it is rather easy to
    >> do.
    >>
    >> If it's the first situation then your question is answered. If it's
    >> the second situation then let us know.

    > hi mate
    >
    > In fact,I'm looking for the both scenario

    Second scenario could be easily solved by accessing local page on the
    server which fetches some remote page (like proxy).

    >however for the time being,
    > I need urgent solution for your first case..

    There are ready to use solutions, but they require use of third party
    libraries.
    ace, Jun 8, 2009
  7. Pasha

    Pasha Guest

    On 8 Haziran, 01:38, VK <> wrote:
    > On Jun 8, 2:31 am, Pasha <> wrote:

    > > > If these are pages from different domains (say example.com and
    > > > example.org) then you cannot do it client-side only with standard
    > > > security settings.

    > > > If these are two pages in the same domain, then it is rather easy to
    > > > do.

    > > > If it's the first situation then your question is answered. If it's
    > > > the second situation then let us know.

    > > hi mate

    > > In fact,I'm looking for the both scenario however for the time being,
    > > I need urgent solution for your first case..

    > If you can drop security settings low enough on each involved machine,
    > then do it.
    >
    > If the other side is ready to cooperate thus send info as RSS feed,
    > JSON data or JSONet data then ask the server admin on the other side
    > to do it.
    >
    > If you simply want to get an HTML page from another server and read
    > its content then the answer is the same: no matter how badly one needs
    > it it is not possible.- Alýntýyý gizle -
    >
    > - Alýntýyý göster -

    Do you think can I handle it by means of frames,just load it and give
    it a hidden value?

    Thank you all for your kind interest
    Pasha, Jun 10, 2009
  8. Pasha

    VK Guest

    > > > In fact,I'm looking for the both scenario however for the time being,
    > > > I need urgent solution for your first case..

    > > If you can drop security settings low enough on each involved machine,
    > > then do it.

    > > If the other side is ready to cooperate thus send info as RSS feed,
    > > JSON data or JSONet data then ask the server admin on the other side
    > > to do it.

    > > If you simply want to get an HTML page from another server and read
    > > its content then the answer is the same: no matter how badly one needs
    > > it it is not possible.-

    > Do you think can I handle it by means of frames,just load it and give
    > it a hidden value?

    You can load a document from another server into (i)frame but you
    cannot read any information from it, not even its .src attribute - it
    can be set but not read.
    VK, Jun 10, 2009