How to read the contents of the web page

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by myhandle@lucent.com, Jan 23, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Hi All,

    http://www.startv.com/eng/frame_schedule.cfm

    I want to read the contents of this page.
    Actually i want to write a perl script which will fetch the schedule of the
    particular day.
    I'll extend this script to fetch shcedule of any channel for any day.
    To start with i have the follwoing simple script:

    #!c:/perl/bin/perl.exe -w
    use LWP::Simple;

    getprint"http://www.startv.com/eng/frame_schedule.cfm";

    when i run it ( on windows machine) i het the following error

    500 Can't connect to www.startv.com:80 (connect: Unknown error)
    <URL:http://www.startv.com/eng/frame_schedule.cfm>

    I'm behind proxy

    Any help

    tx

    , Jan 23, 2004

    Solved :)

    i forgot to specify proxy

    $ENV{'http_proxy'} = 'http://my.proxy.int:8080';

    the above line will work

    wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > http://www.startv.com/eng/frame_schedule.cfm
    >
    > I want to read the contents of this page.
    > Actually i want to write a perl script which will fetch the schedule of the
    > particular day.
    > I'll extend this script to fetch shcedule of any channel for any day.
    > To start with i have the follwoing simple script:
    >
    > #!c:/perl/bin/perl.exe -w
    > use LWP::Simple;
    >
    > getprint"http://www.startv.com/eng/frame_schedule.cfm";
    >
    > when i run it ( on windows machine) i het the following error
    >
    > 500 Can't connect to www.startv.com:80 (connect: Unknown error)
    > <URL:http://www.startv.com/eng/frame_schedule.cfm>
    >
    > I'm behind proxy
    >
    > Any help