    it is not working on windows2008 64 bit OS, and IIS 7

    I have used one code

    Thanks in Advance

    Deep, Mar 11, 2010

  2. Deep

    Dooza Guest

    On 11/03/2010 08:04, Deep wrote:
    > Dear Sir/Madam
    >
    > Please tell me how to read xml using asp.
    >

    > if you give more than one method.
    > because My code is working on my local sysem but not working on live.
    >
    > it is not working on windows2008 64 bit OS, and IIS 7
    >
    > I have used one code
    >
    > Thanks in Advance

    How about you show us your broken code and someone tells you why its broken?

    Dooza

    Dooza, Mar 11, 2010

  3. Deep

    Deep Guest

    Actually In my company, server has been changed, Before it was running
    properly, when server changed it is showing this error. I am not
    getting understand which type of error it is, I have not developed
    this code
    I am sending my code
    I am getting error
    Provider error '80040e21'

    Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB
    status value, if available. No work was done.

    /teamdetail.asp, line 105
    <%
    Teamid = trim(request("teamid"))
    XMLYearFile = "XML/Team/"&Teamid&"year.xml"
    set rs=server.createobject("ADODB.Recordset")
    set rstemp1=server.createobject("ADODB.Recordset")

    sql = " SELECT distinct teamid,team FROM alldata_tbl where
    yyear=2006"
    rs.open sql,con
    arrTeamList=rs.getrows()
    rs.close

    Set adoRS = server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

    //BELOW IS LINE NO 105
    adoRS.ActiveConnection = "Provider=MSDAOSP; Data
    Source=MSXML2.DSOControl.2.6;"
    'response.write(Server.MapPath("."))
    adoRS.Open Server.MapPath(XMLYearFile)
    'arrstats=adors.getrows()
    set rsdesc1= server.CreateObject("Adodb.Recordset")
    sql="select top 1 * from teams where teamid=" & teamid &" and
    vdescription is not null "
    'response.Write(sql)
    rsDesc1.open sql,con,3,1

    %>

    Deep, Mar 11, 2010
  4. Deep

    Dan Guest

    If you searched Google for MSDAOSP and Windows 2008 you would have found
    that the 2.6 version has been deprecated, and you need to use 3.0 in the
    connection string. Change line 105 to

    adoRS.ActiveConnection = "Provider=MSDAOSP; Data
    Source=MSXML2.DSOControl.3.0;"

    and see if that fixes it.

    Dan

    Dan, Mar 11, 2010
  5. Deep

    Deep Guest

    Many many thanks my friends. You have done help me a lot.
    Your code is working properly.

    Deep, Mar 11, 2010