How to realize user interfereing like CS program?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lei Guangfu, Oct 17, 2003.

  1. Lei Guangfu

    Lei Guangfu Guest

    HI,

    In Client Server model, we can get user option to decide
    which code will be executed.

    For example:

    Dim IsRecordExist As Boolean
    If IsRecordExist Then
    If MessageBox.Show("The relevant record
    already exists in the database. Do you want to overwrite
    it?", "Overwrite?", MessageBoxButtons.OKCancel,
    MessageBoxIcon.Question, MessageBoxDefaultButton.Button2,
    MessageBoxOptions.RightAlign) = DialogResult.Cancel Then
    Exit Sub
    End If
    End If
    ...... Continue

    'End of Sample--------------------------------

    in web-based program, How can I reach the same purpoose?

    Anyone can give me some help?

    Thanks in advance.

    Lei Guangfu

    Lei Guangfu, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Lei Guangfu

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    Create new webform with the look and feel of messageBox. Use
    window.ReturnValue to return value match client selection.

    From every webform that yopu want use client side script to use
    showModalDialog (vReturnValue = window.showModalDialog(sURL [,
    vArguments] [, sFeatures]))
    to call your messagebox webpage. You can query vReturnValue to check the
    value returned by messagebox.

    Natty Gur[MVP]
    Phone Numbers:
    Office: +972-(0)9-7740261