How to receive DataSet from WebService in Excel ?

johnson

Dear Sir
I can Receive webSercie Funtion in Excel 2003 such as return "hello "
But how can receive a Funtion returned DataSet ?
thanks a lot !

john smith

I doubt you want to receive a DataSet object - it's often a poor choice of
data type to use for web services for a few reasons. It would be quite a
pain to use the XML serialized DataSet and all the "overhead" that comes
with it really.

BobG

The code in the "AccessingDataWebService" project of this sample is a great
starting point:
ms-help://MS.VSCC.v80/MS.MSDN.v80/MS.VisualStudio.v80.en/dv_vstcore/html/04bc4b2b-3fec-4494-b609-dffdb0100b10.htm

Good luck with your work!