  1. I have a form in HTML and I want to place it in a Database ie Access, so
    when user presses the SUBMIT button the form is in access. How do I do this
    pls?
    Anil Limbachia, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Anil Limbachia

    kayodeok Guest

    "Anil Limbachia" <> wrote in
    news:KhLqb.5670$:

    > I have a form in HTML and I want to place it in a Database ie
    > Access, so when user presses the SUBMIT button the form is in
    > access. How do I do this pls?

    I assume you mean the data is in access i.e. the contents of the
    form?

    I have attempted this before for an intranet at work; very bad idea
    and not reliable at all except perhaps for very small websites

    What are the limitations of Access?
    http://www.aspfaq.com/plain.asp?id=2195

    --
    Kayode Okeyode
    http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/
    kayodeok, Nov 7, 2003

  3. Anil Limbachia

    Michel Guest

    use mysql.
    no problem

    rgds,

    Michel

    Michel, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Anil Limbachia wrote:

    > I have a form in HTML and I want to place it in a Database ie Access, so
    > when user presses the SUBMIT button the form is in access. How do I do
    > this pls?

    You'll need a form handler, which is a program which sits at a URL (rather
    then a static file). This accepts the form submission (specify the URL in
    the action attribute of the <form>) and does whatever you want with it,
    including inserting it in to a database.

    The specifics depend on what language you write the program in (Perl CGI,
    PHP, JSP, ASP, etc), and your choice of language depends on a number of
    factors, including the support offered by your webserver.

    --
    David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/
    David Dorward, Nov 7, 2003
  5. Anil Limbachia

    Michel Guest

    I have to say I swore never to touch access again, for web applications.
    (believe me, I did, some 3 years ago)
    ODBC just doesn't cut it, if you would benchmark it and compare the results
    with mysql and php (already mysql compatible)

    Also, if you'd give it a go (let's say you spend 6 hours on mysql,
    mysqlfront, phpadmin and php) you'll find this out for yourself.

    Another primer..... it's as free as free can get.

    Regards,

    Michel

    PS: ya need links to down some goodies? http://www.firepages.com.au
    Download the point and click installation file and you're on your way to
    your next smile.
    includes, apache webserver, php 4.2.3, mod_perl and loads of examples.
    a 2 minute download, 1 minute install and years of pleasure.

    And if you really wanna do it right...... consider linux

    Michel, Nov 7, 2003