    Thanks & Regards,
    Prajakta

    , Jan 3, 2008

  2. Mark Bluemel Guest

    Re: How to recognize the binary file is in Release mode or in Debugmode from the core file.

    wrote:
    > Problem Statement:
    >
    > Is there any way to recognize the binary file is in Release mode or in
    > Debug mode from the core file ::
    >
    > Details ::
    >
    > I have core file with me, & wan't to know the mode of binary(Release
    > mode or in Debug mode) file from which the core is generated.

    What is your question about C?

    Mark Bluemel, Jan 3, 2008

  3. CBFalconer Guest

    wrote:

    > Is there any way to recognize the binary file is in Release mode
    > or in Debug mode from the core file ::
    >
    > Details ::
    >
    > I have core file with me, & wan't to know the mode of binary(Release
    > mode or in Debug mode) file from which the core is generated.

    There are no such things in the standard C language, and thus this
    is off-topic in c.l.c. Talk to your compiler supplier.

    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>
    Try the download section.

    CBFalconer, Jan 3, 2008
  4. andreyvul Guest

    On Jan 3, 9:33 am, Mark Bluemel <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Problem Statement:

    > > Is there any way to recognize the binary file is in Release mode or in
    > > Debug mode from the core file ::

    > > Details ::

    > > I have core file with me, & wan't to know the mode of binary(Release
    > > mode or in Debug mode) file from which the core is generated.

    > What is your question about C?

    That's compiler- and architecture-dependent. AFAIK, debug symbols are
    *not* part of C89/90 or C99,
    and therefore, your question is off-topic. Please post to the group
    that corresponds to your compiler and not in comp.lang.c.

    andreyvul, Jan 3, 2008