how to recompile my code after deploying it on my website

sarojanand

Hi,

I have created a project (abc) in my wwwroot folder on my system. From
visual studio, i am able to run and view this page. Now I have deployed
on wwwroot folder and for this I have edited some code(in .vb pages)
according to the new path.

Since these pages are no longer part of the project file in visual
studio, how do I recompile my page so that it reflect the changes? Can
I compile/recompile and recreate the dll without visual studio? If yes,
how. please suggest.

Thanks,
Sarojanand Jha

Hans Kesting

Hi,

I have created a project (abc) in my wwwroot folder on my system. From
visual studio, i am able to run and view this page. Now I have
deployed on wwwroot folder and for this I have edited some code(in
.vb pages) according to the new path.

Since these pages are no longer part of the project file in visual
studio, how do I recompile my page so that it reflect the changes? Can
I compile/recompile and recreate the dll without visual studio? If
yes, how. please suggest.

Thanks,
Sarojanand Jha

A better solution perhaps would be to store that path somewhere (web.config
is a good place) and read it from there. No edit/recompile needed, just change
that setting.

Hans Kesting