How to redirect from a classic asp page to an asp.net page

David Hearn

I have a classic asp page that has a submit button on it. There are other
buttons on the page that are still connected to functions within the asp
page and the forms action method is attached to make those work. I just need
to redirect to a new asp.net webform that I am creating when the user clicks
on a button on the asp page. I have been away from classic asp for so long
that I can't remember how to do this. Can someone help? Any code examples
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Edwin Knoppert

Afaik Response.Redirect just like asp.net

Otherwise javascript document.location...

Mark Rae

I have a classic asp page that has a submit button on it. There are other
buttons on the page that are still connected to functions within the asp
page and the forms action method is attached to make those work. I just
need to redirect to a new asp.net webform that I am creating when the user
clicks on a button on the asp page. I have been away from classic asp for
so long that I can't remember how to do this. Can someone help? Any code
examples would be greatly appreciated.

<input type=button value="ASP -> ASPX"
onclick="window.location='MyAspxPage.aspx');">

David Hearn

Thanks for the replies guys. The window.location approach worked. Having to
knock the rust off of some of my classic asp skills.

Mark Rae

Thanks for the replies guys. The window.location approach worked. Having
to knock the rust off of some of my classic asp skills.

The window.location solution would work just as well in ASP.NET...