how to redraw only part of the page?

Bob

I have a page with a search section on top (which hastwo dropdowns, a text
box and a search button), the search result would show up below in a table.
Since the dropdowns contain large amount of data, I'm hoping that when the
page is posted back to query for results, the top part can stay without
being re-drawn. My question is tow fold, (1) is this possible in .NET 1.1?
(2) I remember seeing something like this in ASP.NET 2.0 demo but can't
remember how it's done, does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.
Bob

Bob

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply. I'm probably just going to count on ASP.NET
2.0. Do you know where I can find an ASP.NET 2.0 exapmple on this?

Thanks
Bob