    resulting image is very bad. I need a file reduction routine that creates a
    good image that is smaller. I figured if Photoshop can do it then so can I
    but how?

    Parrot, Apr 11, 2006

  2. Parrot

    Mike Brind Guest

    Parrot wrote:
    > Is there any routine I can call to reduce the size of an image file after
    > uploading a file from a client. I am looking to reduce file sizes
    > programmatically using C# in my web page after uploading. I know that
    > Photoshop can do it but I need to do it dynamically in my web page. I tried
    > doing it myself with some of the Bitmap thumbnail instructions but the
    > resulting image is very bad. I need a file reduction routine that creates a
    > good image that is smaller. I figured if Photoshop can do it then so can I
    > but how?

    This news group covers classic ASP. Your use of C# suggests ASP.NET,
    which is a completely different technology. I suspect you can use the
    ..Net GDI library and/or classes in the System.Drawing namespace to do
    what you want, but you will probably get more help over at

    Mike Brind

    Mike Brind, Apr 11, 2006

  3. Parrot wrote:
    > Is there any routine I can call to reduce the size of an image file
    > after uploading a file from a client. I am looking to reduce file
    > sizes programmatically using C# in my web page after uploading. I
    > know that Photoshop can do it but I need to do it dynamically in my
    > web page. I tried doing it myself with some of the Bitmap thumbnail
    > instructions but the resulting image is very bad. I need a file
    > reduction routine that creates a good image that is smaller. I
    > figured if Photoshop can do it then so can I but how?

    ASP.Net is a different technology from classic ASP.

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET