How to reduce image file size?

Parrot

Is there any routine I can call to reduce the size of an image file after
uploading a file from a client. I am looking to reduce file sizes
programmatically using C# in my web page after uploading. I know that
Photoshop can do it but I need to do it dynamically in my web page. I tried
doing it myself with some of the Bitmap thumbnail instructions but the
resulting image is very bad. I need a file reduction routine that creates a
good image that is smaller. I figured if Photoshop can do it then so can I
but how?

Mike Brind

Parrot said:
Is there any routine I can call to reduce the size of an image file after
uploading a file from a client. I am looking to reduce file sizes
programmatically using C# in my web page after uploading. I know that
Photoshop can do it but I need to do it dynamically in my web page. I tried
doing it myself with some of the Bitmap thumbnail instructions but the
resulting image is very bad. I need a file reduction routine that creates a
good image that is smaller. I figured if Photoshop can do it then so can I
but how?

This news group covers classic ASP. Your use of C# suggests ASP.NET,
which is a completely different technology. I suspect you can use the
..Net GDI library and/or classes in the System.Drawing namespace to do
what you want, but you will probably get more help over at

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Parrot said:
Is there any routine I can call to reduce the size of an image file
after uploading a file from a client. I am looking to reduce file
sizes programmatically using C# in my web page after uploading. I
know that Photoshop can do it but I need to do it dynamically in my
web page. I tried doing it myself with some of the Bitmap thumbnail
instructions but the resulting image is very bad. I need a file
reduction routine that creates a good image that is smaller. I
figured if Photoshop can do it then so can I but how?

ASP.Net is a different technology from classic ASP.

HTH,
Bob Barrows

Parrot

Mike;