how to refresh child form in asp.net without closing parent form

Joined
Sep 8, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am developing a web application using ASP.NET 2.0 AND VB.NET 2005 and Database in SQL SERVER 2005.

i hav 4 web form on my application -

1) Login.aspx

2) Default.aspx

3) ReportGrid.aspx

4) SaveToExcel.aspx

When user login it will trace the user ip address and view web form name.

it will replace that ip address to my defined format like: 192.168.12.05 TO 192_168_12_05 and redirect to default.aspx

when user select some field from default.aspx and clicked on OK button all the selected field assemble in one counter and one store procedure is fired.

same time i write a code to count how many time a store procedure is fired and converted trace ip address to some format temp_final_(trace ip address)

for example:

temp_final_2(fired store procedure count)_192.168.12.05(trace ip address)

when user click on OK button it will redirect to ReportGrid web form and same time Default web form is also not closed.

In ReportGrid.aspx i have on GridView Which Is Displaying data based on fired Store Procedure in Default.aspx

I Want When user Select some value in dropdownlist in default.aspx, it will display data in ReportGrid.aspx based on user selection in dropdownlist controls and user can open multiple web form same time without closing current form.

i already done this.

but my problem is when i select value in dropdownlist it will show gridview based on selection, but when user go back and select some different value and click on OK button it show data on gridview based on last selection not based on current selection.

and when i press refresh button on internet explorer than it will show me data base on my current selection.

so please some one help me and try to solve my problem

Regards,

Arvind Mewara

Last edited: