how to refresh contents of UpdatePanel using call from outside of

Oleg

(in .NET 2.0 with AJAX extensions)
I have an UpdatePanel on the form.
Now I want to use a link outside of my UpdatePanel to make it to update
(asynchronously) and also send some(at least one ) parameters.

I'm trying using ICallbackEventHandler, but it doesn't update the UpdatePanel.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

cfps.Christian

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for but it sounds like you need
an async trigger.
<updatePanel id="pnlUp" runat="server">
<contenttemplate>
<!--Stuff -->
</contenttemplate>
<triggers>
<asp:asyncronouspostback controlid="btnPost"
eventname="click" />
</triggers>
</updatepanel>

Arnab das

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for but it sounds like you need
an async trigger.
<updatePanel id="pnlUp" runat="server">
     <contenttemplate>
          <!--Stuff -->
     </contenttemplate>
     <triggers>
          <asp:asyncronouspostback controlid="btnPost"
eventname="click" />
     </triggers>
</updatepanel>

Oleg ,
You can add the following code to your click event handler of the link
button

UpdatePanel upd = new UpdatePanel();

upd.ID = "UpdatePanel1";
upd.UpdateMode = UpdatePanelUpdateMode.Conditional;
upd.Update();

Arnab das