    Regards
    Yogi

    , Dec 13, 2005

  2. Gary Herron Guest

    wrote:

    >Hi everybody
    >
    >I have couple of questions,
    >
    >1) How can i refresh my desktop window(wallpaper), using the python
    >script, after pasting some data on the desktop.

    The is *way* too operating system and window system dependent to answer
    without more knowledge.

    >2) How can i run an exe file from the python

    One way is os.system: http://docs.python.org/lib/os-process.html#l2h-1692
    Another more comprehensive method can be found in the subprocess module:
    http://docs.python.org/lib/module-subprocess.html

    >3) How can i get the information of a machine like "computer name",
    >"mac address", "ip address" and "OS on that system".

    The platform module can give lots of such info:
    http://docs.python.org/lib/module-platform.html

    Good Luck,
    Gary Herron

    Gary Herron, Dec 13, 2005