How to Refresh the Desktop window with python script

muttu2244

Hi everybody

I have couple of questions,

1) How can i refresh my desktop window(wallpaper), using the python
script, after pasting some data on the desktop.

2) How can i run an exe file from the python

3) How can i get the information of a machine like "computer name",
"mac address", "ip address" and "OS on that system".

Thanks in advance for having given a thought on my questions.

Regards
Yogi

Gary Herron

Hi everybody

I have couple of questions,

1) How can i refresh my desktop window(wallpaper), using the python
script, after pasting some data on the desktop.
The is *way* too operating system and window system dependent to answer
without more knowledge.
2) How can i run an exe file from the python
One way is os.system: http://docs.python.org/lib/os-process.html#l2h-1692
Another more comprehensive method can be found in the subprocess module:
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-subprocess.html
3) How can i get the information of a machine like "computer name",
"mac address", "ip address" and "OS on that system".
The platform module can give lots of such info:
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-platform.html

Good Luck,
Gary Herron