    popup iam entering some value and submitting.After that if close that
    pop up window,the grid view in my parent page should be refreshed.How
    can i achieve that.Plz help me out.........

    muthu, Apr 7, 2006

  2. muthu

    MS Guest

    Hi,

    There are alot of possible solution but it depends in whcat fasion you want
    to achieve this... and depends what type of info you are showing on
    refreshing the parent page.
    if there are few values then onpopup close .. save them to database as well
    pass to JS function that is on parent page .. in this way you can refresh
    parent without postback or without reloading it.

    if there are more values that u need to refresh then
    here is one way.... I used somewhere in my projects toooooooooooooooooooo
    you can use this code in onclick event of button that you use to save values
    from popup
    like
    onClientClick="myRefreshFun()"

    <JS>
    function myRefreshFun()
    {
    window.opener.location.href = window.opener.location.href;
    self.close();
    </JS>

    MS, Apr 7, 2006

  3. muthu

    muthu Guest

    Re: How to Refresh the parent page while the child page is closed

    Hi,

    Thanks.But i tried it already.It throws an error showing that
    window.opener is not an object supported.

    muthu, Apr 7, 2006