how to register with pypi - no such setup.py

Phlip

And the next question in the series - how to make sure the resulting package has
a setup.py file?

The basic steps are...

- build a python package
- create a minimal setup.py
- (github it, natch)
- throw it at pypi with:
python setup.py bdist upload
- attempt to install it with:
sudo pip install my_package

and get this:

Downloading/unpacking my_package

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '.../setup.py'

So the irony is if I had to use setup.py to build the MyPackage..tar.gz, why
isn't it inside it?

Any tips?

(the actual package name is censored because I don't need people finding this if
they google for that!;)