How to remove AJAX style postback when paging a gridview.

davidjgonzalez

I have a GridView that has paging enabled. Each item (as defined in an
ItemTemplate) includes several controls which have operations i would
like to Atlas-enable. Everything is working well except when I page the
GridView (the paging controllers are in the gridview's footer). The
webpage doesnt scroll back to the top of the page, so when paging
through the GridView the user is always looking at the last 4-5 items
on the page. My current markup looks something like:

<UpdatePanel>
<ContentItem>
<GridView...>
<ItemTemplate...>
<Controls_that_need_to_be_atlas_enabled>
</ItemTemplate>
<PagerSettings/>
</GridView>
</ContentItem>
</UpdatePanel>

I tried to put the <UpdatePanel> within the <ItemTemplate> and even
inside the <Control...> however Visual Studio 2005 complains that an
UpdatePanel cannot exist inside an <ItemTemplate>

I havent tired adding triggers, however I dont know how well that will
work because the Controls/events that need to be tied to the triggers
exist within the <Controls>.

Any insight on how to keep paging from making Atlas style postbacks
would be appreciated.

Thanks

Guest

Not using AJAX style callbacks on a GridView is the default, if you don't set
EnableSortingAndPagingCallbacks="True" then it should not use them. You
could try explicitly setting EnableSortingAndPagingCallbacks="False" but this
is the default.

Joined
May 30, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
AJAX-enabled GridView

I really liked this article. This is my first time using this website. I usually use codeproject and kynou.com. Codeproject has some cool article about ajax-enabled gridview and kynou.com has a walkthough tutorial about ajax-enabled gridview.