How to remove an ASP .NET Profile Property from the database?

agaskelluk

Hi all

I have a web .config that includes provider information like this:

<profile defaultProvider="MyProfileProvider">
<providers>
<add
name="MyProfileProvider"connectionStringName="ConnectionString"
applicationName="/MyApp"type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider"/>
</providers>
<properties>
<group name="StartUpDefaults">
<add name="DoSomething" defaultValue="True"
type="Boolean"/>
</group>
<add name="UtcOffset" defaultValue="0" type="Double"/>
</properties>
</profile>

NowI find that I no longer have a requirement for "DoSomething" - how
do I remove references to this in the database? I can simply remove
the line from the web .config file, but the asp .net tables still
contain references to this property name. What is the correct way to
clean up?

Thanks
Andrew