How to remove an ASP .NET Profile Property from the database?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by agaskelluk@yahoo.com, Feb 24, 2009.

  1. Guest

    Hi all

    I have a web .config that includes provider information like this:

    <profile defaultProvider="MyProfileProvider">
    <providers>
    <add
    name="MyProfileProvider"connectionStringName="ConnectionString"
    applicationName="/MyApp"type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider"/>
    </providers>
    <properties>
    <group name="StartUpDefaults">
    <add name="DoSomething" defaultValue="True"
    type="Boolean"/>
    </group>
    <add name="UtcOffset" defaultValue="0" type="Double"/>
    </properties>
    </profile>

    NowI find that I no longer have a requirement for "DoSomething" - how
    do I remove references to this in the database? I can simply remove
    the line from the web .config file, but the asp .net tables still
    contain references to this property name. What is the correct way to
    clean up?

    Thanks
    Andrew
    , Feb 24, 2009