How to remove line around label image

clusardi2k

From: (e-mail address removed)

How do I remove a line around a label image. I set the background and
foreground color to the panel color and put a check in the property opaque
checkbox.

Thank you,

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
--- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98

Knute Johnson

To: clusardi2k
From: Knute Johnson <[email protected]>

How do I remove a line around a label image. I set the background and
foreground color to the panel color and put a check in the property
opaque checkbox.

Thank you,

We need to see some code. I don't see the problem you describe in the code
below. Are you using AWT?

import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;
import java.awt.image.*;
import java.net.*;
import javax.swing.*;

public class test2 extends JPanel {
private JLabel l;

public test2() {
super(new GridBagLayout());

GridBagConstraints c = new GridBagConstraints();

setPreferredSize(new Dimension(240,180));
try {
// use blue.png if you want to see the image
URL url = new URL("http://knutejohnson.com/white.png");
ImageIcon icon = new ImageIcon(url);
l = new JLabel(icon);
} catch (MalformedURLException murle) {
murle.printStackTrace();
}

add(l,c);

EventQueue.invokeLater(new Runnable() {
public void run() {
JFrame f = new JFrame("test2");
f.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.DISPOSE_ON_CLOSE);
test2 t2 = new test2();
f.add(t2,BorderLayout.CENTER);
f.pack();
f.setVisible(true);
}
});

Knute Johnson

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
--- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98

Eric Sosman

To: clusardi2k
From: Eric Sosman <[email protected]>

How do I remove a line around a label image. I set the background and
foreground color to the panel color and put a check in the property opaque
checkbox.
Thank you,

If you're sure the line is not part of the image itself (a border, perhaps),
please post an SSSCE. This works fine for me:

import javax.swing.ImageIcon;
import javax.swing.JFrame;
import javax.swing.JLabel;
import javax.swing.SwingUtilities;
public class Foo {
public static void main(String[] unused) {
SwingUtilities.invokeLater(new Runnable(){
@Override
public void run() {
JFrame frame = new JFrame("Foo");
ImageIcon icon = new ImageIcon("icon.jpg");
frame.add(new JLabel(icon));
frame.pack();
frame.setVisible(true);
}