    --- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    --- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98
    clusardi2k, Aug 20, 2012

  2. To: clusardi2k
    From: Knute Johnson <>

    On 8/20/2012 10:18 AM, wrote:
    > How do I remove a line around a label image. I set the background and
    > foreground color to the panel color and put a check in the property
    > opaque checkbox.
    >
    > Thank you,

    We need to see some code. I don't see the problem you describe in the code
    below. Are you using AWT?

    import java.awt.*;
    import java.awt.event.*;
    import java.awt.image.*;
    import java.net.*;
    import javax.swing.*;

    public class test2 extends JPanel {
    private JLabel l;

    public test2() {
    super(new GridBagLayout());

    GridBagConstraints c = new GridBagConstraints();

    setPreferredSize(new Dimension(240,180));
    try {
    // use blue.png if you want to see the image
    URL url = new URL("http://knutejohnson.com/white.png");
    ImageIcon icon = new ImageIcon(url);
    l = new JLabel(icon);
    } catch (MalformedURLException murle) {
    murle.printStackTrace();
    }

    add(l,c);

    EventQueue.invokeLater(new Runnable() {
    public void run() {
    JFrame f = new JFrame("test2");
    f.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.DISPOSE_ON_CLOSE);
    test2 t2 = new test2();
    f.add(t2,BorderLayout.CENTER);
    f.pack();
    f.setVisible(true);
    }
    });

    Knute Johnson

    Knute Johnson, Aug 20, 2012

  3. clusardi2k

    Eric Sosman Guest

    To: clusardi2k
    From: Eric Sosman <>

    On 8/20/2012 1:18 PM, wrote:
    > How do I remove a line around a label image. I set the background and

    foreground color to the panel color and put a check in the property opaque
    checkbox.

    > Thank you,

    If you're sure the line is not part of the image itself (a border, perhaps),
    please post an SSSCE. This works fine for me:

    import javax.swing.ImageIcon;
    import javax.swing.JFrame;
    import javax.swing.JLabel;
    import javax.swing.SwingUtilities;
    public class Foo {
    public static void main(String[] unused) {
    SwingUtilities.invokeLater(new Runnable(){
    @Override
    public void run() {
    JFrame frame = new JFrame("Foo");
    ImageIcon icon = new ImageIcon("icon.jpg");
    frame.add(new JLabel(icon));
    frame.pack();
    frame.setVisible(true);
    }