    files (resx). Question is, how can remove all of the meta keys like
    meta:resourcekey="blabla". Is there a simple way? (like replace all)

    regards
    coderr, Sep 19, 2008

  2. You could build a program to look for that attribute and strip it. Perhaps
    someone has already done this? Other than that, I know of no easy way to
    remove the resource keys. You can turn off localization without removing the
    keys, of course, if this is your immediate goal. You will probably still
    want to remove stuff, but it at least gives you an interim path. Wish I had
    a better answer, but I do not.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Sep 19, 2008

  3. coderr

    coderr Guest

    On Sep 19, 4:13 pm, "Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)"
    <> wrote:
    > You could build a program to look for that attribute and strip it. Perhaps
    > someone has already done this? Other than that, I know of no easy way to
    > remove the resource keys. You can turn off localization without removing the
    > keys, of course, if this is your immediate goal. You will probably still
    > want to remove stuff, but it at least gives you an interim path. Wish I had
    > a better answer, but I do not.
    >
    > --
    > Gregory A. Beamer
    > MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
    >
    > Subscribe to my bloghttp://feeds.feedburner.com/GregoryBeamer#
    >
    > or just read it:http://feeds.feedburner.com/GregoryBeamer

    > | Think outside the box!                               |
    > ********************************************"coderr" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi all,
    > > i have simple question, suppose that we have a ASP.NET web site with
    > > lots of local resource files, we can simple delete all of the resource
    > > files (resx). Question is, how can remove all of the meta keys like
    > > meta:resourcekey="blabla". Is there a simple way? (like replace all)

    > > regards

    Thanks, i could simply write a program using regular expressions, i
    though there might be build-in feature in VisualStudio IDE
    coderr, Sep 19, 2008
  4. Generally when one goes to localization, they don't go back. That is
    probably why there is no tool.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Sep 19, 2008
  5. coderr

    coderr Guest

    On Sep 19, 10:51 pm, "Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)"
    <> wrote:
    > Generally when one goes to localization, they don't go back. That is
    > probably why there is no tool.
    >
    > --
    > Gregory A. Beamer
    > MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
    >
    > Subscribe to my bloghttp://feeds.feedburner.com/GregoryBeamer#
    >
    > or just read it:http://feeds.feedburner.com/GregoryBeamer

    > | Think outside the box!                               |
    > ********************************************"coderr" <> wrote in message

    > On Sep 19, 4:13 pm, "Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)"
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > > You could build a program to look for that attribute and strip it. Perhaps
    > > someone has already done this? Other than that, I know of no easy way to
    > > remove the resource keys. You can turn off localization without removing
    > > the
    > > keys, of course, if this is your immediate goal. You will probably still
    > > want to remove stuff, but it at least gives you an interim path. Wish I
    > > had
    > > a better answer, but I do not.

    > > --
    > > Gregory A. Beamer
    > > MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    > > Subscribe to my bloghttp://feeds.feedburner.com/GregoryBeamer#

    > > or just read it:http://feeds.feedburner.com/GregoryBeamer

    > > | Think outside the box! |
    > > ********************************************"coderr" <>
    > > wrote in message

    > > > Hi all,
    > > > i have simple question, suppose that we have a ASP.NET web site with
    > > > lots of local resource files, we can simple delete all of the resource
    > > > files (resx). Question is, how can remove all of the meta keys like
    > > > meta:resourcekey="blabla". Is there a simple way? (like replace all)

    > > > regards

    > Thanks, i could simply write a program using regular expressions, i
    > though there might be build-in feature in VisualStudio IDE

    i just tried "find & replace" feature of VS IDE, here is my solution:
    {meta}:po{resourcekey="}:i{"}
    simply we can search for text using regular expressions no need to
    write any code
    coderr, Sep 25, 2008