How to remove localization(get rid of meta keys metaresourcekey)?

coderr

Hi all,
i have simple question, suppose that we have a ASP.NET web site with
lots of local resource files, we can simple delete all of the resource
files (resx). Question is, how can remove all of the meta keys like
meta:resourcekey="blabla". Is there a simple way? (like replace all)

regards

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You could build a program to look for that attribute and strip it. Perhaps
someone has already done this? Other than that, I know of no easy way to
remove the resource keys. You can turn off localization without removing the
keys, of course, if this is your immediate goal. You will probably still
want to remove stuff, but it at least gives you an interim path. Wish I had
a better answer, but I do not.

coderr

You could build a program to look for that attribute and strip it. Perhaps
someone has already done this? Other than that, I know of no easy way to
remove the resource keys. You can turn off localization without removing the
keys, of course, if this is your immediate goal. You will probably still
want to remove stuff, but it at least gives you an interim path. Wish I had
a better answer, but I do not.

| Think outside the box!                               |

Thanks, i could simply write a program using regular expressions, i
though there might be build-in feature in VisualStudio IDE

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Generally when one goes to localization, they don't go back. That is
probably why there is no tool.

You could build a program to look for that attribute and strip it. Perhaps
someone has already done this? Other than that, I know of no easy way to
remove the resource keys. You can turn off localization without removing
the
keys, of course, if this is your immediate goal. You will probably still
want to remove stuff, but it at least gives you an interim path. Wish I
had
a better answer, but I do not.

"coderr" <[email protected]>
wrote in message

Thanks, i could simply write a program using regular expressions, i
though there might be build-in feature in VisualStudio IDE

coderr

Generally when one goes to localization, they don't go back. That is
probably why there is no tool.

| Think outside the box!                               |

Thanks, i could simply write a program using regular expressions, i
though there might be build-in feature in VisualStudio IDE

i just tried "find & replace" feature of VS IDE, here is my solution:
{meta}:po{resourcekey="}:i{"}
simply we can search for text using regular expressions no need to
write any code