HOW to remove noise from recorded file

Bhanu

I am using java.sound.sampled api to record and plyback soound but the
recording quality is not good. A continuous hiss sound is there.
plz help me finding out that

jcsnippets.atspace.com

I am using java.sound.sampled api to record and plyback soound but the
recording quality is not good. A continuous hiss sound is there.
plz help me finding out that

First of all, try to record the sound with an existing sound recorder and
check if the hiss is still there.

The problem you're faced with is probably not Java but hardware related.

Best regards,

JayCee

Oliver Wong

Bhanu said:
I am using java.sound.sampled api to record and plyback soound but the
recording quality is not good. A continuous hiss sound is there.
plz help me finding out that

There's no standard API call in Java that I know of which will do this
for you automatically. So your question becomes an algorithm question,
rather than a Java specific one. You could ask on the various generic
programming groups like comp.programming or comp.games.development.audio
(but check the FAQs first, to make sure that that last group isn't about how
to find and hire voice actors, for example, instead of programming
questions).

If you're comfortable reading C++, you can see the code Audacity uses
for noise removal at:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs....effects/NoiseRemoval.cpp?rev=1.31&view=markup

- Oliver