How to remove STDIN in perl CGI

James

How to remove STDIN string in perl CGI (post method) once it is
processed? Is it possible?
The goal is, if the browser is refreshed, the STDIN string no longer
affects the outcome.

TIA
James

Justin C

How to remove STDIN string in perl CGI (post method) once it is
processed? Is it possible?
The goal is, if the browser is refreshed, the STDIN string no longer
affects the outcome.

I'm not certain what it is you mean, but it sounds like one of these may
be the answer.

use CGI qw/:standard -nosticky/;
(fields don't remember their previous value)

$query->delete('foo','bar','baz');
clears the named parameters.

'perldoc CGI' will help with both of these.

If I'm wrong, please try to explain better what you mean, or, as Ben has
said, provide an example.

Justin.

James

I'm not certain what it is you mean, but it sounds like one of these may
be the answer.

use CGI qw/:standard -nosticky/;
(fields don't remember their previous value)

$query->delete('foo','bar','baz');
clears the named parameters.

'perldoc CGI' will help with both of these.

If I'm wrong, please try to explain better what you mean, or, as Ben has
said, provide an example.

   Justin.

Thanks all. I will try and let you know.
By the way, use CGI and read(STDIN, $buffer, ...) do not seem to work
together.
I need to read perldoc CGI.

James