how to remove the message

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by VbUser25, Jan 25, 2005.

  1. VbUser25

    VbUser25 Guest

    hi...

    need some expert help. i am open an excel file with a simple link as "<a
    ="file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/test.xls">"

    no problem with this.
    it opens in the same window (same explorer window) as my asp form is.
    This is what i want so this is not the problem!
    What happens is that when i open the excel workbook i have some data
    being retrieved from the database and later when the user inputs some
    values inside it and clicks button "SAVE" inside it i will save it in
    the database directly thru vba code.

    when i simply click the link and open the workbook and i click back
    button it gives an informative message as:
    "the document has been modified.Do u want to save the changes
    yes: save your changes
    no: discard your changes
    cancel: keep this document open.

    i simple want to supress this error message?? how can i do that?
    i am using asp as the web langeuage

    thanks a lot

    VbUser25, Jan 25, 2005

  2. "VbUser25" <> wrote in message

    > hi...
    >
    > need some expert help. i am open an excel file with a simple link as "<a
    > ="file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/test.xls">"
    >
    > no problem with this.
    > it opens in the same window (same explorer window) as my asp form is.
    > This is what i want so this is not the problem!
    > What happens is that when i open the excel workbook i have some data
    > being retrieved from the database and later when the user inputs some
    > values inside it and clicks button "SAVE" inside it i will save it in
    > the database directly thru vba code.
    >
    > when i simply click the link and open the workbook and i click back
    > button it gives an informative message as:
    > "the document has been modified.Do u want to save the changes
    > yes: save your changes
    > no: discard your changes
    > cancel: keep this document open.
    >
    > i simple want to supress this error message?? how can i do that?
    > i am using asp as the web langeuage

    Why are you using "file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/test.xls" Shouldn't it be
    "http://yourserver/test.xls"?
    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Jan 25, 2005

  3. VbUser25

    Mark Schupp Guest

    You will need to mark the document as "unmodified" in your VBA code after
    you update the database. Check the documentation for the excel automation
    objects or ask on an excel newsgroup.

    --
    --Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Jan 25, 2005
  4. VbUser25

    VbUser25 Guest

    i have already asked in the excel group..no help till now.

    if u can help explain what u mean by "marking hte document as
    unidentified"..it will reallyhelp give me a lead.
    thanks

    VbUser25, Jan 27, 2005