how to remove the message

VbUser25

hi...

need some expert help. i am open an excel file with a simple link as "<a
="file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/test.xls">"

no problem with this.
it opens in the same window (same explorer window) as my asp form is.
This is what i want so this is not the problem!
What happens is that when i open the excel workbook i have some data
being retrieved from the database and later when the user inputs some
values inside it and clicks button "SAVE" inside it i will save it in
the database directly thru vba code.

when i simply click the link and open the workbook and i click back
button it gives an informative message as:
"the document has been modified.Do u want to save the changes
yes: save your changes
no: discard your changes
cancel: keep this document open.

i simple want to supress this error message?? how can i do that?
i am using asp as the web langeuage

thanks a lot

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

VbUser25 said:
[...]

Why are you using "file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/test.xls" Shouldn't it be
"http://yourserver/test.xls"?

Mark Schupp

You will need to mark the document as "unmodified" in your VBA code after
you update the database. Check the documentation for the excel automation
objects or ask on an excel newsgroup.

VbUser25

i have already asked in the excel group..no help till now.

if u can help explain what u mean by "marking hte document as
unidentified"..it will reallyhelp give me a lead.
thanks