How to repeat header of HTML/Gridview across pages

Guest

Hello All,
I am displaying a report in a gridview and also in a separte html table.
When the user clicks a print button, I print the report (from gridview or
from html table). But I want to repeat the gridview's header and the html
table header row in all printed pages.

The print for grid and html table is done separately.

Can someone tell me how to make the header print in all pages?
Thanks
B.S.Girish

Guest

Hi,
I would suggest you to use Report Viewer Control.You can do easily many
things easily with report viewer control including printing and repeating
headers on multiple pages without any effort.ReportViewer is a freely
redistributable control that enables embedding reports in applications
developed using the .NET Framework. Reports are designed with drag-and-drop
simplicity using Report Designer included in Visual Studio 2005 (Standard
editon and above.)
There is a WinForms and a WebForms version of the control.
Find more info about report viewer control in below links:
http://www.gotreportviewer.com/
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms251671(VS.80).aspx

Guest

Hi Manish,
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the web server hosting provider does
not allow installing a ReportViewer control. So I have to use standard
HTML/.NET2.0 code only for this.

Any suggestions?
Thanks again for your help,
Regards,