How to represent sales invoice and posting period in RDF/OWL?

Discussion in 'XML' started by heidan, Oct 21, 2006.

  1. heidan

    heidan Guest

    Dear,

    I have a question of representing the relationship of sales invoice's
    posting date and post period into RDF.

    Let's say every sales invoice has a posting date which records when
    this invoice is created; posting period has a 'from posting date' and
    'to posting date'; Every sales invoice must be posted into one posint
    period, that implies following conditions.

    sales_invoice.posting_date in [posting_period.from_posting_date,
    posting_period.to_posting_date)

    If I have RDF definition of both sales_invoice and posting_period as
    below, how do I define the relationship above?

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <rdf:RDF
    xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#"
    xmlns:eek:wl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#"
    xmlns="http://www.owl-ontologies.com/unnamed.owl#"
    xml:base="http://www.owl-ontologies.com/unnamed.owl">
    <owl:Ontology rdf:about=""/>
    <owl:Class rdf:ID="PostingPeriod"/>
    <owl:Class rdf:ID="Document"/>
    <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:ID="PostingFromDate">
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#time"/>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#PostingPeriod"/>
    </owl:DatatypeProperty>
    <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:ID="PostingToDate">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#PostingPeriod"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#time"/>
    </owl:DatatypeProperty>
    <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:ID="PostingDate">
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#time"/>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#Document"/>
    </owl:DatatypeProperty>
    </rdf:RDF>