How to require username and password to users requesting an .ashx page?

jens Jensen

Hello,
I have my httphandler application running under IIS 6.0.

How can i authenticate users based on username and password?

no login page here. The client will do this:

HttpWebRequest req =
(HttpWebRequest)HttpWebRequest.Create(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["URI"]);
req.Credentials =new
NetworkCredential("username","password");

req.ContentType = "text/xml; charset=utf-8";

req.Method = "POST";

Many thanks in advance
JJ