How to Resize an Image in ASP.NET?

Shapper

Hello,

In each record of an ASP.Net Repeater I have an image which original
size is 200px width and with a height which can vary from record to
record.

How can I resize each image to 50px and keep its proportion?

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank You,
Miguel

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You can resize the image using the GetThumbnailImage method.
Here's more info:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...emDrawingImageClassGetThumbnailImageTopic.asp

Or maybe you'll find these custom functions I wrote to be useful:

public Image DisplaySize(Bitmap bmp)
{
Response.Write(bmp.Width.ToString());
Response.Write(bmp.Height.ToString());
}

//shrink the image proportionately so that neither height nor width is
//more than [NewSize] pixels

public System.Drawing.Image ShrinkImage(System.Drawing.Bitmap bmp, int
NewSize)

{

double NewWidth;

double NewHeight;

double ShrinkPercent;

System.Drawing.Image.GetThumbnailImageAbort myCallback =

new System.Drawing.Image.GetThumbnailImageAbort(ThumbnailCallback);

if (bmp.Width>bmp.Height)

{

NewWidth=NewSize;

ShrinkPercent=(NewWidth/bmp.Width)*100;

NewHeight=(ShrinkPercent/100)*bmp.Height;

}

else

{

NewHeight=NewSize;

ShrinkPercent=(NewHeight/bmp.Height)*100;

NewWidth=(ShrinkPercent/100)*bmp.Width;

}

System.Drawing.Image myShrunkenImage =
bmp.GetThumbnailImage((int)NewWidth,(int)NewHeight,myCallback,IntPtr.Zero);

return myShrunkenImage;

}

public bool ThumbnailCallback(){return false;}