    project is a web service project.
    --
    Thank you.
    John K, Oct 25, 2006

  2. Hi,

    Based on my understanding, your question is:
    * you are using WSE 3.0 in Visual Studio 2005
    * you opened the WSE Settings dialog and enabled policy
    * when you click "OK" to save the settings, it failed with error "unable to
    add ...\wsePolicyCache.config to the project....."

    Please correct me if I've misunderstood anything.

    Would you please help me on following points so that we can find the root
    cause? Thank you.
    * Is your web service project using IIS or File System mode?
    * Does the wsepolicyCache.config already exist in your web service?
    * Have you tried this on a new simple web service project?

    Also, by default, the config file will be named "wse3policyCache.config"
    instead of "wsepolicyCache.config" for WSE 3.0, is it possible that you're
    using beta version of WSE 3.0?

    Another thing to try is to use FileMonitor
    (http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html) to see whether or not
    its access permission problems.

    Sincerely,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    promptly.

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Oct 26, 2006

  3. John K

    John K Guest

    RE: How to resolve "WSE Settings Error" - unable to save policycac

    I am using IIS; the filename is "wse3policyCache.config" (typo on my part); I
    am not using a beta of WSE 3; the file does already exist in my web service.

    File Monitor indicates the following error when I click "OK"
    Process Request Path
    devenv.exe QUERY INFORMATION
    C:\InetPub\wwwroot\Central_Station_V2_RBOModule\web.config

    Result Other
    BUFFER OVERFLOW FileFsVolumeInformation

    Also, I get the same error and the "Other" information is FileAllInformation

    I have no problems when I do this on a new simple web service project.

    Any ideas?
    --
    Thank you.

    John K, Oct 26, 2006
  4. John K

    John K Guest

    Problem solved

    I was able to solve my problem by restoring an old version of web.config. I
    no longer need help.
    --
    Thank you.

    John K, Oct 26, 2006
  5. RE: Problem solved

    Hi John,

    I'm glad that you've solved the issue.

    Thank you for using MSDN Managed Newsgroup service!

    Regards,

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Oct 27, 2006