how to restart pointer 'line'

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by heziro, Jul 6, 2010.

  1. heziro

    heziro

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    hello

    I"m read a text file in VHDL and i want that in the end of the file it will start again.
    I tried to save the pointer (line) in other pointer and after the file end to restart the pointer by the other pointer

    like that:

    b (other pointer) := a (line pointer)
    .
    .
    read the text
    .
    .
    a:= b

    unfortunately it isn't work.
    i think that it because (like in c++) pointer b is point on pointer a
    and when pointer a is change, pointer b change too!

    does someone know how to restart the pointer?
    how i do that pointer b will point on the data of pointer a and not on him?

    thanks
    hezi

    heziro, Jul 6, 2010