    however it doesn't retain it's text through postbacks, whereas other
    textboxes do.

    Does anyone know how to retain the text?

    Dhruba Bandopadhyay, Jul 4, 2006

  2. tbPass.Attributes("value") = tbPass.Text

    Strange how this works eh.

    Dhruba Bandopadhyay, Jul 4, 2006

  3. Dhruba Bandopadhyay

    Guest

    make sure you use SSL on pages that transmit the password, either from
    client to server, or back

    cheers

    neil

    Dhruba Bandopadhyay wrote:
    > tbPass.Attributes("value") = tbPass.Text
    >
    > Strange how this works eh.
    >

    > "Dhruba Bandopadhyay" <> wrote in message
    > >I am using a <asp:TextBox TextMode="Password"... etc.
    > > however it doesn't retain it's text through postbacks, whereas other
    > > textboxes do.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know how to retain the text?

    , Jul 4, 2006
  4. This is by design, it is a security measure.
    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Jul 4, 2006