how to retrieve a running dll/dylib path?

Discussion in 'C++' started by bowser, Apr 20, 2007.

  1. bowser

    bowser Guest

    I'm not sure if I have to post this message here. If I'm wrong, please
    tell me where should I ask for it.

    I'm developing a plugin that is a dynamic(shared) library. It has to
    refer to some external
    resources, that I want to put in the same folder of the binary. But
    since it can
    be placed anywhere, how can I retrieve its path?
    I'm working under both Mac and Windows.

    Alternatively I could embed the resources but I know this is platform
    dependent,
    and I have no idea how to do it under Mac.

    Thank you in advance,

    Alessandro

    bowser, Apr 20, 2007

  2. bowser wrote:
    > I'm not sure if I have to post this message here. If I'm wrong, please
    > tell me where should I ask for it.

    Having read the question, I believe the best place is the newsgroup
    that deals with programming for your OS.

    Victor Bazarov, Apr 20, 2007