how to retrieve windows login/pwd in ASP ?

bob

hi,

I want to redirect my user to another page.
With ASP (not .Net) and IIS 5.0, under windows 2000 server.

We have installed the component WinHTTP that is used to manipulate http
requests.

We want to automatically identify the user through his Windows login/pwd
(NTML) He does not need to type it.
How do i get the login/pwd from windows, and perfom an authentification
control ?

A subsidiary question:
then how do i set up a cookie in the client computer ?

thanks

McKirahan

bob said:
hi,

I want to redirect my user to another page.
With ASP (not .Net) and IIS 5.0, under windows 2000 server.

We have installed the component WinHTTP that is used to manipulate http
requests.

We want to automatically identify the user through his Windows login/pwd
(NTML) He does not need to type it.
How do i get the login/pwd from windows, and perfom an authentification
control ?

A subsidiary question:
then how do i set up a cookie in the client computer ?

thanks

http://www.aspfaq.com/5003

Bob Barrows [MVP]

bob said:
hi,

I want to redirect my user to another page.
With ASP (not .Net) and IIS 5.0, under windows 2000 server.

We have installed the component WinHTTP that is used to manipulate
http requests.

We want to automatically identify the user through his Windows
login/pwd (NTML) He does not need to type it.
How do i get the login/pwd from windows, and perfom an
authentification control ?

You can't get his password. You can get his login by using the LOGON_USER
servervariable (do a search at www.aspfaq.com for details)
A subsidiary question:
then how do i set up a cookie in the client computer ?
Google is your friend.

Bob Barrows