how to retrieve windows login/pwd in ASP ?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by bob, Mar 29, 2005.

  1. bob

    bob Guest

    hi,

    I want to redirect my user to another page.
    With ASP (not .Net) and IIS 5.0, under windows 2000 server.

    We have installed the component WinHTTP that is used to manipulate http
    requests.

    We want to automatically identify the user through his Windows login/pwd
    (NTML) He does not need to type it.
    How do i get the login/pwd from windows, and perfom an authentification
    control ?

    A subsidiary question:
    then how do i set up a cookie in the client computer ?

    thanks

    bob, Mar 29, 2005

  2. bob

    McKirahan Guest

    http://www.aspfaq.com/5003

    McKirahan, Mar 29, 2005

  3. bob wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > I want to redirect my user to another page.
    > With ASP (not .Net) and IIS 5.0, under windows 2000 server.
    >
    > We have installed the component WinHTTP that is used to manipulate
    > http requests.
    >
    > We want to automatically identify the user through his Windows
    > login/pwd (NTML) He does not need to type it.
    > How do i get the login/pwd from windows, and perfom an
    > authentification control ?

    You can't get his password. You can get his login by using the LOGON_USER
    servervariable (do a search at www.aspfaq.com for details)

    > A subsidiary question:
    > then how do i set up a cookie in the client computer ?

    Google is your friend.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET