    How can I take this data to send it to my own pages somewhere?
    After the response.redirect I lost control
    Thanks

    Kostas kousinovalis, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Kostas kousinovalis

    Ray at Guest

    Once the user is redirected to another site, it's out of your control. You
    could, instead of redirecting, make the HTTP request on behalf of your user
    from your server and parse the response from the server to see what would
    have happened had you redirected the person. Take a look here:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2173

    The remote page you'll want your ASP code to read is
    http://www.thatotherwebsite/page.asp?username=user&password=pass

    --

    Ray at home
    Microsoft ASP MVP

    Ray at, Feb 8, 2004

  3. Kostas kousinovalis

    Bullschmidt Guest

    <<
    Hello
    I have a asp page which it post some values to an external web page (not
    mine) with the method response.redirect
    (www.website.com/page.asp?username=user&password=mypass)
    The external web page response OK if the user exist and Error if the
    user not exists.
    How can I take this data to send it to my own pages somewhere?
    After the response.redirect I lost control
    Thanks

    Well if the other site could redirect back with a querystring (like
    PayPal can) you'd be set...

    Best regards,
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com

    Bullschmidt, Feb 10, 2004