How to run 2 seperate w3wp.exe processes on Windows 2003 server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Sriram Mallajyosula, Feb 7, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    I am running an ASP.Net application on .Net Framework 1.1 version with the
    operating system as Windows 2003 server Standard Edition.

    I have the same ASP.Net application running on 2 different virtual websites
    with ports 8080 and 8081.

    Example :
    1. http://localhost:8080/Company1/App1/Default.aspx
    2. http://localhost:8081/Company1/App1/Default.aspx

    And both the applications are being accessed by two seperate users using
    remote desktop. So I want that the two users should be able to debug the
    application parallely at the same time.

    Is this possible?

    If the question is not clear please do not hesitate to contact me.

    Regards,
    Sriram Mallajyosula

    Sriram Mallajyosula, Feb 7, 2007

  2. Sriram Mallajyosula

    Joe Kaplan Guest

    If you want separate worker processes, put the apps in separate app pools.

    Joe K.

    http://www.directoryprogramming.net

    Joe Kaplan, Feb 7, 2007