how to run a third party j2me application?

Darryl Pierce

roy said:
Hi,
I downloaded some games from http://midlet.org/midlet.jsp?midletId=14.
these games contains both .jar and .jad file, but no source file. But
how can I run them from netbeans or from J2ME Wireless ToolKit(namely
from KToolBar)?

For the KToolbar, you just run them bin/emulator executable. The command
line is:

emulator -cp [the jarfile and the MIDP APIs] -Xdescriptor:[the jadfile]

Roy

Thank you very much!

I also find the solution from J2ME Wireless ToolKit's User's Guide:
"To run an application directly, which is analagous to pressing
KToolbar's Run button, choose the Run MIDP Application... item. The
toolkit prompts you to locate a MIDlet descriptor file on your local
disk. Note that the corresponding MIDlet suite JAR must also be
present."

It works...
Thanks again.